Cincinnati Sings: A Karaoke Competition is almost here! In-person registration will be held on February 27, 2023 at Pirate's Den karaoke night from 7-11 PM, but you can pre-register on the form below. Be sure to thank our sponsors DJ Dave Entertainment, Pirate's Den Bar & Grill, ASAP Apparel, Middendorf Electric & Cincinnati Dry Sheild! We could always use more sponsors for higher prize amounts, so if you know a business who might be interested, send them my way!
Karaoke Contest Rules
$10.00 One-Time Registration Fee, due on or before 2-27-23
1. Employees of Pirate's Den, DJ Dave Entertainment or any of our sponsors are not eligible to participate in the karaoke contest, but their employees or owners may be chosen to be judges on any day of the competition.
2. Only one registration is necessary, but you can only qualify for the finals once. You will not qualify for the finals if you do not register at all or if you register after February 27, 2023.
3. Contestants must two songs per week, one slow and one fast. If you advance to the next week, you must sing two new songs, one fast one slow. Songs are not allowed to be repeated throughout the competition.
4. Contestants will be judged on a scale of 1-10 for vocals and stage presence to receive an all around performance score.
5. Once your name is called, you will have limited time to come to the stage and sing. Once your song has started, you must start your performance. You will not be given a re-start if you're not ready.
6. There will be three judges each week and each week the judges may vary throughout the duration of the competition.
7. This is a four week competition, with the finals being held on March 27, 2023. If you advance to the next round, you will be notified either at the end of that competition night, by phone or by email before the next competition day.
8. The competition will run each Monday in March beginning at 7 PM or earlier if there are more participants than the allotted time allows. All contestants should have an opportunity to sing each of their two selected songs.
9. Songs with extreme profanity will not be allowed. It is up to the singer to pick clean, "radio edit" type of songs.
10. This contest is open to hobby singers, amateurs and professionals 18 years of age and older. Really, anyone can register.
11. To be eligible for prize money, contestants must be present each week he or she advances. Miss a week, miss the prize. No questions.
12. RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THIS COMPETITION ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THE COMPETITION AT ANY POINT IN TIME.